Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

Another update. Construction is now complete.

I installed a heatsink on the regulator in the volume control board, that issue is now solved. I picked up a new voltage regulator board for the PSU from the kit supplier Conrad. Installed that and power is now working correctly.

I also picked up a programmable remote control on eBay for the price of a couple of pints to give me a smaller and rather more ergonomic remote control than the one that came with the Chinese kit. That is now programmed and working well.

Finally, I decided that rather than just splitting the output of the volume board to the output select board, the sub-woofer and cue-mix feeds, I would use a pair of “buffer” preamps to feed the sub and cue-mix outputs. I sourced a couple of stereo preamp kits from Maplin, modified them to allow use of the OMEG potentiometers for level control (as opposed to the kit’s supplied PCB mounted mini-trimmer pots) and have now installed these too. It should mean that the main output volume will not be affected by whatever volume I set for the sub and cue-mix feeds.

Here’s a few photos of the finished beast.

Share